One of the questions I get asked frequently as an intuitive is: how can I develop my psychic senses? I’ve written several articles about other clairs. Today, the focus is on development of clairaudience or clear hearing.
To recap, the psychic sense of clairaudience often happens inside the brain as an intrusive thought, or in more rare cases, outside the ear as we would typically process hearing. Usually the latter happens when our guides really want our attention.
How to Develop Clairaudience Easily
- Read about it. How simple is this? The act of reading about the clairs shows interest and engagement on your part. This nod to the Universe helps open you up to more clairaudient experiences. Think of it as a green light to your spirit team-yes, I’m interested!
- Work with an intuitive. Getting a reading done, learning about your own intuitive gifts, this is similar to number one. This shows interest and engagement, and can help open your energy fields up.
- Sound discrimination. Sit somewhere, close your eyes, and engage your ears and mind. What do you hear? As you tune in, you’ll notice sounds near and far. Pick one and really hone in on it. What is it? How does it make you feel? Are you picking up any other energy from it? Jump to another sound. Name it, and repeat. This kind of attention not only attunes you to your sense of hearing, but is that signal to the Universe that you are ready to embrace your clairaudience.
- Use your imagination. Practice “hearing” a variety of sounds. Engage your mind as you imagine the sound of a jet engine roaring to life, a tea kettle whistle, your bed sheets whispering against your skin, traffic in a city, the meow of a kitten, the waves at the shore. Run through a list of sounds and engage your inner ear as much as you possibly can. Clairaudience can be very subtle, and distinguishing that inner voice from the chatter of your mind takes practice. Working with sounds is a great way to strengthen that differentiation.
- Ask a question. As you’ve been practicing these listening exercises regularly, let your Spirit Team know you are ready for a clairaudient answer to a question. Take a deep breath, tune in, and ask your question. See what pops into your head! Sometimes it is a song and its lyrics or chorus giving you a nudge. Other times you’ll hear a phrase or a simple yes or no. Don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t happen right away. Keep practicing!
These are five simple tips to develop your clairaudience. Clairaudience wasn’t my most prominent clair when I began developing as an intuitive. I was predominantly clairsentient and claircognizant-both were a bit nebulous to work with and get clear information. I often felt frustrated. Now my clairvoyance and clairaudience are popping. I will hear guides tell me people’s names and locations as I am meditating or drifting off to sleep. I regularly get intuitive answers through songs popping into my head as I do readings. If I can do it, you can too!