Are you new to intuitive development? How can you supercharge your psychic sensitivity? You aren’t limited in options! The sheer volume of information on strengthening clairs, meditation for opening chakras, and processes to cleanse your aura is staggering. Perhaps, you’ve partner-practiced boosting your ESP, taken workshops on mediumship, or cleaned up your diet to clear your channeling abilities. While some practices become part of your daily routine, others likely go right into the bin.Continue reading “Honing Your Psychic Sensitivity”
Most of us are familiar with the terms clairvoyance or clairaudience. These are commonly recognized spiritual, psychic, or intuitive senses. But, how familiar are you with clairgustance? Clairalience?
Our body relies on our five main senses in the 3-D to take in information and make sense of the environment around us. Our spirit senses operate much in the same manner. Often, your strongest day-to-day sense is mirrored in your psychic senses. For instance, an artist is visual, relying on their eyes to create. Their strongest spirit sense is often clairvoyance, or “clear seeing.” A musician uses their ears, and is likely clairaudient or uses their sense of “clear hearing” to perceive information that is from outside and unseen stimuli.
To learn more about clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, or claircognizance, check out the link to those intuitive development topics!
Clairgustance and clairalience function in much the same way as their sister senses do. Because they have to do with our sense of smell and taste, they are often overlooked, in favor of the more bombastic senses like clairvoyance. However, these two senses can be absolutely huge for folks who have developed them, providing a rich source of intuitive and psychic information for those who use them.
Clairalience and clairgustance tend to work in tandem with one another to provide information to the intuitive. Clairgustance roughly means “clear tasting.” A clairgustant will taste distinct flavors from seemingly nowhere. These tastes may be related to a deceased loved one’s favorite dishes, or for chefs, they could be clues and guidance about what spices or sauces to include in cooking, what produce to purchase at the grocery store, or even what dishes to prepare for upcoming events. Sometimes mediums will receive information on how someone passes by identifying very particular tastes intuitively.
Clairalience has to do with “clear smelling.” A person who is clairailent acquires intuitive information from their sense of smell. Someone gifted with clairalience likely has a highly-developed sense of smell.
Clairalients may rely on this in their daily occupation- or enjoy using it in hobbies. Creating perfumes or essential oil blends, scented soaps, or candles. They may also be into cooking, too! These intuitives receive information from deceased individuals and associated scents: the smell of an aunt’s perfume, grandpa’s tobacco smoke, granny’s house and her baking. They may also receive information on how to improve something around them, specific essential oils to use in a diffuser or in cleaning products, which shampoo to buy, or even which friend to check in with when they smell their perfume, soap, or cologne.
This sense is strongly tied with memory and emotion due to the way our brains process scent. Think about clairalience and how it works with our animal companions, how some dogs can use their sense of smell to scent out illness or disease in humans. This is something that strong clairalients can do themselves!
If you receive random smells or taste flavors unexpectedly, there is a good chance that is your clairgustance or clairalience coming through! Also, if you are someone who is a chef, a baker, someone who likes to cook, a sommelier, a perfume maker-these might be the occupations of someone who has either of these intuitive gifts.
For many people, clairgustance and clairalience provide a pleasant rounding out of intuitive abilities. A little extra something to provide clients with, some validation that their loved one is nearby. For others, these gifts are crystal clear, diamond dazzling, and a huge part of what they do each and every day.
How can you boost your clairalience or clairgustance?
- Play guessing games! Try guessing ingredients in perfumes, or in prepared dishes. When I taught school, we’d use unmarked film canisters with cotton balls inside for a little science experiment. Each cotton ball would contain drops of an essential oil that the students would try to identify. It was a great way to encourage them to rely on their sense of smell by taking the visual component out of it. You could easily replicate this experiment with a little help from a friend. Let someone else do the cooking for the night! Guess what’s for dinner, and what spices were used.
- Be careful with your senses…don’t use scented products yourself. Skip the laundry detergent and fabric softener with strong scents and opt for fragrance-free. This will remove one layer of extra scent that your nose has to contend with. Go light on the salt or sugar in your food as well. You don’t want to use too much of any one thing that will overpower your palate. (Hot sauce lovers, I’m looking at you!) You want balance with flavor and an ability to easily taste that balance. Over salting can overpower your sense of taste.
- Visualization is always a beautiful practice for intuitive development. Get your hands on a magazine and flip through to a random page. (Digital works fine, too.) Look for an image that you can clearly get a scent from. Close your eyes and picture yourself in the space. What is going on around you? Is there a campfire? What does that smell like? Keep flipping and scent sampling. You can also have a friend write down ten different things for you to smell and repeat this exercise with their list. If they are your intuitive development partner, you can do the same for them! Try this exercise with food and flavor.
- Speaking of intuitive development; you can work with a partner or small group by tuning into others’ energy and record what information comes through. Center yourself as you’d ordinarily do, and focus on one individual. See what impressions come through when you focus on your senses. Colors? Sounds? Smells? Tastes? Feelings? This is a very fun exercise to do with a few people, as you may receive some validation on your intuitive hits. You don’t need to be in the same room or even the same place. Give it a shot via technology. Your intuitive development pals don’t need to be living in the same city or same state for you to practice together!
- Be mindful as you go through your day. The more you engage your whole sensory system when you are eating, or smelling, the more you build up your clairgustant and clairalient dictionary. Your guides will lean into that to help you make sense of messages that need to come through.
Are you clairalient? Clairgustant? How do these unique gifts manifest for you? These singular psychic senses can be absolutely fascinating and layer a richness to your intuitive work. Let us know in the comment box below if you identify as clairalient or clairgustant!
I share weekly pick-a-card readings on Instagram and in my Facebook group. I thought I’d extend some of those readings to this platform. This particular reading focuses on a unique quality that makes you shine! Keep reading to check out the results of this intuitive experiment.
This won’t be for everyone. If you feel a pull, scan the photo, close your eyes, take some deep breaths (exhale twice as long), and choose the card that lights you up. Photos and messages are below. This reading uses The Wild Unknown Archetype Deck by Kim Krans.Continue reading “How Do You Shine? Evergreen Pick-a-Card Reading”
One of the questions I get asked frequently as an intuitive is: how can I develop my psychic senses? I’ve written several articles about other clairs. Today, the focus is on development of clairaudience or clear hearing.
To recap, the psychic sense of clairaudience often happens inside the brain as an intrusive thought, or in more rare cases, outside the ear as we would typically process hearing. Usually the latter happens when our guides really want our attention.
How to Develop Clairaudience EasilyContinue reading “How to Develop Your Clairaudience Easily”
What do you think of when you hear the word, clairaudience? Hearing? Music? The movies? Disembodied voices commanding an unfortunate soul to carry out their sinister orders? Angels appearing clearly before you and sharing messages?
Reality is not as thrilling as what Hollywood would like us to believe.
In truth, clairaudience often sounds like our own voice, in our own heads. The same voice we use when we are thinking through a problem or talking to ourselves in the aisles of the Piggly Wiggly. Clairaudience isn’t as bombastic as we may anticipate, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t enriching, powerful, or exciting in its own way.Continue reading “Clairaudience: Can you hear me?”
Claircognizance is a psychic sense defined as “clear knowing.” To someone who identifies as claircognizant, information about people and situations pop into their head, from an unseen and outside or interrupting source. Individuals who are claircognizant may receive correct hunches, but also “downloads” of pure information-in the form of words, phrases, sentences, or long blocks of data.
Claircognizance can be a tricky psychic sense to work with, as the information received is often correct, but there is nothing tangible in terms of proof, to back it up. For example, clairvoyants might see validating information in the form of faces, people, situations, stories, movies, photographs, or places to help give credence to their messages. Clairaudients may hear voices they can describe in terms of pitch, timbre, speech rhythm, dialects, and other audible mannerisms-as well as the actual message itself.
Claircognizants just know. This is the realm of pure information.
There are many signs that signal claircognizance is a dominant intuitive sense. There are also many ways to develop your claircognizance, some may be a bit surprising. In this article I’ll cover 7 ways you can work on strengthening your claircognizance.Continue reading “Seven Steps to Develop Your Claircognizance Easily”
Claircognizance is the psychic sense defined as “clear knowing.” People who are claircognizant often have correct gut instincts about people and situations. They are logical and enjoy puzzling over solutions and tinkering with ideas. They know answers to questions without really thinking about them, and may know what others are about to say.
Claircognizance can be a tricky psychic sense to work with, because interrupting awareness pops into your head, without anything tangible or logical to back up why your scoop is correct.
Here are ten signs that you may be claircognizant:Continue reading “Are you Claircognizant? 10 Signs you are!”
Claircognizance is a spiritual sense defined as clear knowing.
Claircognizance can feel like your own thoughts, but they are interrupting and not necessarily from your own brain. You may pick up on words, phrases, sayings, sentences, and large blocks of information. These can be very intrusive, or it can feel like a thread you need to follow-like yanking a loose bit of yarn from a sweater and it starts to unravel. Words and information can just flow from you.Continue reading “Claircognizance: I Know You”
I was lying in bed with my dog one spring evening. We were alone in the Lake Superior cabin that I love. We’d spent a great day hiking to some local waterfalls and I was tuckered out and content.
My head hit the pillow and I closed my eyes. Immediately, I saw the entire room in my mind’s eye. My attention pulled toward the doorway to the hall, and a man entered the room. He slowly walked toward the bed. He looked very ordinary; short brown hair, lean, average height to slightly above. Mid to late 50’s. He possessed one very unique feature.
His glowing red eyes.
My dog sat up and growled low in his throat, fixated on our late night visitor.
I knew there was no possibility on earth that I was dreaming this.
My dog’s head traced him as he stepped closer to the bed, I saw his movements in my mind at the same time.
He stopped at the edge of the bed. I felt dread wrap its fingers around my heart.
He reached out to me…
I’m going to stop right there, because not all clairvoyant experiences are this heart-pounding!
Clairvoyance has been life altering for me- both the spooky experiences, and the ethereal.
If it weren’t for my clairvoyant abilities, I never would have seen what heaven looks like. I wouldn’t have been able to see an Archangel, or have developed the ability to spot fellow healers.
If it wasn’t for clairvoyance, I wouldn’t be as effective in my healing practice.
So, are you interested in boosting your clairvoyant skills?
In this series on clairvoyance, we’ve talked about what it looks like to see clairvoyantly, and I’ve shared 20 signs that you might be clairvoyant. In this post, let’s look at strategies you can use to boost your clairvoyance, today!Continue reading “How you can Become More Clairvoyant”
Clairvoyance is a psychic sense that means “clear seeing.” Suspect you may be clairvoyant? Here is a list of 20 signs that you may be developing your third eye.
- You are a visual person. Not an auditory person, or a person who needs to tinker with things. You prefer visuals, pictures, photos, videos, any kind of illustration. These help you process directions, and to break things down in a way that clicks for your brain.
- You often describe things using the language of sight: “I see what you mean.” A clairaudient may say, “I hear you.” A clairsentient may say, “I feel you.” Your expressive language revolves around the visual.
- Visual details are your thing. You may not remember the sound of the orchestra, or how the orchestra’s music made the hair on your arms stand up, but you remember the details of the musicians’ clothing, their instruments, the details inside the theater. Your memory banks may contain an entire visual story you created while they were playing. Do you remember maps, what people were wearing today, the Macy’s department store window? You probably LOVE Pinterest!
- You are a vivid dreamer. Dream recall is not a problem for you (this may be on the uptick if you are opening up). You remember specific details of who was in your dream, and what certain details of the setting and action looked like. You may see faces of people you do not know, and don’t think you’ve ever seen before. These could be deceased ancestors, guides, or other members of your Spirit Team!
- You imagine plans from start to finish. You see an outcome for projects. People doing jobs, coming together to share in something. You are good at overseeing these plans because you have such an eye for detail. You may be a long-range planner or event planner.
Clairvoyance is likely the most well-known of all the psychic senses. It is the visual psychic sense, the sense associated with our human sense of vision. It is the realm of the third eye, and because of that is suited to slick visuals on the big screen, which is how many of us are familiar with the term clairvoyant. (Or perhaps the line, “I see dead people.”)
Who can forget M. Night Shyamalan’s The Sixth Sense?
In real life, clairvoyance isn’t nearly as heart-pumping.
That doesn’t mean it isn’t exciting.
Clairvoyance roughly means “clear seeing.”
As with any psychic sense, energy flows the path of least resistance. If you are someone who is fairly visual in your waking world, you are likely stronger in your clairvoyance than some other psychic senses. And like any psychic skill, clairvoyance can be developed.
What is it like to see clairvoyantly?
It is honestly a hair’s-breadth away from imagination. Images are mostly seen in your mind’s-eye (third eye). This looks like what you see when you are visualizing the setting and action in a novel you are reading.
Occasionally you see clairvoyantly with your own eyes; something that doesn’t happen as often for me. (Although, I do have a friend who sees earthbound individuals-ghosts-much like Haley Joel Osment’s character in The Sixth Sense. Her case is rather unique, and not many people see the earthbound in this way.)
When I started my awakening, I hadn’t had many clairvoyant experiences, and I was a little scared to. I thought it would look like something out of a horror movie.
I was wrongContinue reading “Clairvoyance: What is it like to see clairvoyant images?”
I was a total rock hound as a kid. I remember the amazing gifts sent from my aunt and uncle; wall hangings with rainbows made of crystal studded pipe cleaners, little heart-shaped rocks embellished with lavender springs and tiny quartz points. When we visited my relatives in Montana, I was enamored in the rock stores. Our big family vacation out west was when I collected my first piece of amethyst. I still have it.
As a teenager I moved away from crystals and gravitated toward people. I remember a friend pressing a piece of rose quartz into my palm and asking me to feel the essence of the rock.
I thought she was a nut.
Looking back, she was probably telling me I needed a bit more love in my life!
At this juncture of my life, I am proud to say that yes, I can feel the essence of that rock. I have embraced crystals and their magic, and I hope to share some of their magic with you!Continue reading “Working with Crystals: The Magic of Crystal Grids”
Want to boost your psychic sense of clairsentience? Clairsentience is the psychic sense known as “clear feeling.” This is the third part of a series of posts on clairsentience. In part one, I introduced how energy follows the path of least resistance. For clairsentients, this includes sensing physiological reactions in the body as well as experiencing emotions in response to an outside and unseen stimulus. In part two, I shared 25 signs that you might be clairsentient, and not realize it! In this final post on clairsentience, I am going to share some tips and practices to help you develop the gift of your psychic feeling.Continue reading “How to Become More Clairsentient”
The sweet taste of a ripe mango. The hoot of an owl. Sunrise on a mountaintop. A massage. The scent of your grandma’s perfume.
We take in multitudes of sensory information from our environment via our five senses. Our five senses work in tandem with our brains, and messages in our cells, to react in pleasure or pain to stimuli around us. This biological system that helps keep us safe from threats by gathering information from the world around us, also serves to keep us grounded in our bodily human escapades, and combined with our cognition, provides us with a gamut of experiences that enrich our human lives.
The Other Side of the Mirror
We have spirit senses that mirror the earthly and bodily senses too. These senses are often referred to in new age terminology as “clairs,” from the french word, clair or “clear.” Like our five senses, they help us make meaning of stimuli; they can be used to keep us safe and grounded, allow us to meaningfully connect with others, and they help to enrich our daily human adventures.
Many folks may recognize some of these terms, either from pop culture as plot devices in movies, TV shows, or novels, from friends or family- or perhaps from their own psychic exploration.Continue reading “Intuition 101: We all can connect”